Friday 7 March 2014

Commuter Rant

The trains are a bit broken this morning and this brings out the worst in people.

"The train you are sat on on platform 2 is a bit broken, we're waiting for someone to give it the once over. There is however another train going in your direction leaving in 5 minutes on platform 1"

Lovely, I'll go to platform 1 then.

But first I need to fight my way through the numpties. I get to the stairs and there is a crowd of confused people staring at the screens.

"Excuse me, excuse me"

This is what I say out loud. Most people move eventually but not before they've looked at me like something they've scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

Inside me the swearing has started.

"Get out of the fucking way! Why are you blocking the stairs? Yes I do need you to move so I can get to a train that is actually running so yes you will need to drag your eyes away from the screen for a couple of seconds. Fucking numpties."

I make it to the stairs and I kid you not there is a line of people from one side to the other like some sort of barrier.

I am not in the mood for this shit.

I say excuse me again but what I really mean is:

 "you have 2 seconds to move and then I'm coming through whether you like it or not. And I'm a big girl so believe me you will be moving"

Seriously it's like these people live in another world to rest of us. Look outside your bubble and have some consideration for the people around you.

Eventually I got to my chosen destination (chosen by work, not me. My default chosen destination in the morning is my bed). The train pulls up to the platform, the doors open and in front of me is bunch of people blocking the exit.

They look at me expectantly.

I look around for my patience but it's no where to be seen.

"If you want to get on the train you need to let me off first and I can't get off unless you move!"

I may have got a bit shouty at the end of the sentence.

It worked though and I did feel much better afterwards and all ready for another day at the fun factory.

Thanks for reading
Lard
x

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half of them are completely oblivious to their surroundings. They really are a special bunch of people!

      Delete
  2. Oh and fellow ranters are always welcome! x

    ReplyDelete